Neighbors Together is currently seeking a Kitchen Supervisor who will be responsible for all kitchen duties, menu creation, and acceptance of food donations. In addition, this person will oversee and assist kitchen employees and volunteers in the performance of their job and volunteer duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily workflow of the kitchen and supporting areas
- Prepare healthy menus and meals at the Neighbors Together office and in the community by strategically reviewing current food inventory and creating a plan for all forms of food distribution to be executed by employees and volunteers
- Sort through food products daily to determine inventory and ensure effective utilization of food
- Set out food to be thawed the day before
- Oversee the food preparation and cooking process
- Train and manage kitchen employees and volunteers in designated stations
- Ensure all areas of the kitchen and supporting areas are clean and picked up at the end of each day
- Store all food products in compliance with health and safety regulations
- Act as an ambassador for Neighbors Together by cultivating current relationships and building strategic partnerships in the community
- Utilize electronic software and programs to efficiently create and distribute kitchen and food focused plans and projects for execution
Skills, Experience, Knowledge, and Education
- At least two years related experience highly preferred, but willing to train the right person with a demonstrated servant heart
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations
- Excellent verbal communication skills, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Have a servant heart
- An unwavering commitment to our mission of helping our neighbors in need; a strong desire to support and uplift the community and those who are a part of it will drive success in this role
- Excellent verbal and written communication experience, interpersonal and customer service skills, a focus on staying organized, and strong attention to detail required
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and, at times, stressful environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Oversees dishwasher, kitchen staff, and volunteers
Computer Equipment and Software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Requires ability to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity; Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, occasional stooping, and reaching; May require lifting and moving up to 50 pounds; Requires a normal range of vision and hearing with or without accommodations; Position is occasionally exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
- As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination within 72 hours of their start date
Schedule and Other Information
- The hourly rate for this position is $18/hour.
- This position is Full Time, and the schedule is Monday through Friday at the Neighbors Together location from 7 am until 2:30 pm
- This position works within the Operations Team and reports to the Emergency Needs Program Manager
Neighbors Together, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Neighbors Together, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.