VOLUNTEERS ARE THE HEART OF NEIGHBORS TOGETHER
We need your talents! There are so many ways to help people at Neighbors Together.
Begin the process by clicking on a button below. A member of our team will get back with you shortly. You will find details on all volunteer positions available at the bottom of this page.
You will be changing lives!
We are serving our neighbors four days a week which means that there are many opportunities to serve throughout the week!
Please note that all volunteers serving inside must be vaccinated against Covid-19.
Below you’ll find a brief summary of the different jobs we have to offer:
- Kitchen Prep: Every morning, we need help preparing the daily meal.
- Serving Meals: Every Monday- Thursday from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm, hot meals are served to our neighbors in our dining room.
- Grocery Distribution: Help our neighbors enrolled in our case management program select nutritious groceries.
- Dress for Success Closet: Help organize and distribute clothing for neighbors, including those enrolled in our economic mobility program.
For inquiries about group volunteering, please contact our Volunteer Manager directly at email@example.com
Volunteers serving inside are required to be vaccinated and agree to:
- Wear a mask that covers nose and mouth completely in required areas.
- Wash hands before, during, and after volunteering
- Please stay home if you don’t feel well.
Children and Youth Volunteers:
- Elementary-age children are welcome with a parent or grandparent, 1 child to 1 adult
- Middle-school youth are welcome with an adult chaperone, 2 youth to 1 adult.
- High-school youth under 16 are welcome with an adult chaperone, 5 youth to 1 adult
- High-school youth age 16 and up are welcome on their own. If they come with a group that includes younger high school youth, they must be counted in the 5 to 1 ratio for that group
- For group volunteer opportunities, please reach out to Volunteer Manager Lydia Ford at (843) 747-1788 x108.
In order to ensure that our neighbors remain safe from Covid-19, all indoor volunteers and staff are required to be vaccinated and we request that you provide proof of immunization. In addition, we plan to continue to maintain social distancing, conduct routine health checks and most importantly keep wearing masks!
All who enter the building must certify that they are symptom-free and may be asked to provide a picture of their immunization card at the door. Those who are not vaccinated are welcome to serve outdoors at our special Saturday events.
Please review the following list to determine if you are qualified to volunteer:
- I am vaccinated and do not have health or age factors that put me in a higher-risk category for the virus.
- I am vaccinated and have not experienced symptoms that could be related to Covid-19 in the last 7 days. (I.e. Cough, Fever, Muscle Aches, Loss of taste or smell, etc.)
- I have not been around someone who has Covid-19 in the last 7 days.
- I do not live with or am not in frequent contact with people in the higher-risk categories for the virus.
If you meet all of these requirements, please register as a volunteer using the “Step One: Volunteers Register Here” button and also click on the Sign-up Genius links to select your day and time to work.